STUDENT SERVICES FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How will my student select their courses?
- Students meet with their counselor each spring to review course options and select their following year's courses.
- What supplies will my student need to start at Notre Dame? Students are provided with an iPad and will be able to access and submit all coursework through their device.
- How is my student placed into AP / Honor Courses?
- Students’ prior grades, overall academic success, and teacher recommendations will be considered for placement.
- Does my student need to take Physical Education?
- All students will be enrolled in freshman PE and Health. Their
- second year of PE can be fulfilled with an additional yearlong PE course or participation in two seasons of a sport.
- How do I contact my student’s teachers?
- Parents can utilize Canvas to message teachers or email them directly. (www.notredameriverside.org/about/directory)
- Is Tutoring Available?
- An onsite tutor is available during pre-scheduled hours in Student Services.
- What are the average class sizes and student-to-teacher ratio? The average class size is 20 students.
- The student to teacher ratio is 6:1.