The California Scholarship Federation is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to recognize and encourage academic achievement and community service among high school students in California. It is one of the oldest honor society for high school students
For Seniors and Juniors who have A’s and B’s in their core classes. Sophomore students are invited during their second semester of school.
Eligible students become members by submitting applications based on their semester report card grades. Membership is for one semester, and membership drives are held each semester within established periods dictated by the State bylaws. Please review links of application and List of Approved CSF Classes.
Sophomore and Junior member grades are reviewed at the start of the 2nd semester and Sophomores have the opportunity to register in late February.
With 4 semesters of membership (at least 1 semester in senior year) you earn “Life Member” status and garner awards at graduation. Members become part of an academic society and are able to apply for scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Opportunities – Please check the CSF website for more details on these awards.
- Seymour Memorial Award
- Michelson Memorial Award
- Outstanding Sealbearer Awards
If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Arguelles by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Student Services.
National Honor Society (NHS) is a national organization dedicated to recognizing and encouraging academic achievement while also developing other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. NHS members must maintain dedication to the academic, service, and leadership pillars of NHS. Students have an opportunity to join the NHS Board at the start of senior year.
Requirements and Procedure for NHS Membership
In the late winter, Notre Dame's NHS Chapter will be taking applications for admission for Juniors. Those applicants who are accepted will be invited to an induction ceremony where they will become official NHS members for the following school year.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply in early February.
- 3.8 Cumulative GPA
- Examples of significant service/volunteering (service examples must be purely service and not paid or performed for credit or class assignment). Significant service means that the service performed either took place across multiple days or was for an extended period in a single day.
- Examples of leadership – service and leadership examples MUST be different.
- No record of ethical violations: no suspensions, record of cheating or plagiarism, etc.
Application for Notre Dame's NHS Chapter occurs during the 2nd semester of Junior year. Those applicants who are accepted will be invited to an induction ceremony where they will become official NHS members for the following school year.
- Join the Canvas course
- Complete the NHS application form including the Student Activity Page and Signature Form
- Typed Essay
- Teacher recommendations (2)
- Complete the the late winter, Notre Dame's NHS Chapter will be taking applications for admission for Juniors. Those applicants who are accepted will be invited to an induction ceremony where they will become official NHS members for the following school year.
Juniors accepted into NHS will receive recognition at the end of year and will receive NHS awards and regalia at the end of their senior year.