About Coach Hunt


Coach Hunt is excited to begin his first year as Interim Head Coach as he brings 20 years of coaching experience to Notre Dame Football. Before coming to ND, Coach Hunt was at Long Beach Poly, Artesia, and Orange Lutheran, where he coached various positions such as Defensive Coordinator, Offensive Coordinator, Defense Backs, Defensive Line, and Wide Receivers.

In 1999 Coach Hunt graduated from Long Beach Poly HS, where he played Defensive Back on the 1987 CIF Division I Championship team and the 1998 Division I CIF Finalist team. Coach Hunt played Defensive back for one year at the University of Michigan in 1999 before an injury stopped his career.

Coach Hunt received his Associate's Degree from Long Beach City College in 2005 and s currently furthering his education. He and his lovely wife Randi have one son named Michael. 

Coach Feature: Basketball Head Coach Mike Snaer

 About Coach Snaer


I am proud to have been selected to join the Notre Dame community to help lead the boys basketball program and shape the minds of our youth. I grew up in this community from open runs at UCR to championships at the Pond. I attended Rancho Verde High School in Moreno Valley where I was successful at leading my team to a CIF championship, becoming Gatorade POY in California, and being invited to join a long list of talented individuals in the McDonald’s All American game. My work ethic and thirst to understand the game of basketball allowed me to transform myself and the players around me. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was developing my true calling even then.

Like I mentioned above, in 2008, I led my high school basketball team to our first ever CIF championship. In 2009, I was named a McDonald’s All-American and named Gatorade player of the year for California. I was also listed as the No. 2 shooting guard and the No. 7 player in the nation. I helped lead Florida State to the 2011 NCAA Tournament, where the team made their first Sweet 16 appearance since 1993. In 2012, I emerged as one of the top players in the Atlantic Coast Conference. In addition, not only did I lead my alma mater to our first ever ACC Tournament Championship, I was also named the first ACC Tournament Championship MVP in Florida State University history. After college, I spent three years playing professional basketball overseas.

However, after some time playing overseas and seeing the many dimensions the game has to offer, I realized my calling wasn’t to play the game, but to teach it.

My philosophy is simple, I’m a teacher first! I believe in my ability to teach the game of basketball to anyone, anytime, regardless of talent. I believe a coach should spend 99% of the time teaching and the remaining 1% coaching. Basketball is a game like any other game, the mental aspect of the game is what I want to give to my players. I want my students to think of the game the same way I do. I want them to understand all levels, rules, and facets of the game in order to manipulate the game fully.

My devotion to my craft and work ethic led me to believe that any player, no matter their inherent talent level, can increase their skill level in this game. I taught myself a vast majority of everything I know either through research or observation. I come from a competitive championship tradition that is highly contagious and spreads virally when given off by the right leadership. I will give off that type of leadership.

Sincerely,
Coach Mike Snaer